Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Borogoves and Momeraiths

"all mimsy were the borogoves and the momeraiths outgrabe"


the beautiful Tennessee Waltz
was darling its way
o're the cherry groves

when along came Bob
running

and stole my life
into 'Nam and other places

and the flag was downside up
and all could hear
seagulls cry
over oily oysters

revolution

so that pearls ashore
when we get there
would be white

and saints could
march blackly in
(darkly speaking)

it's ok
it's alright

all right

so,

when borogoves get all mimsy
why would we care?
we wouldn't dare
the momeraiths
would outgrabe
taking us away

anyway,

any way,

the redbird's off her nest
and her eggs arot
won't give a damn alot

(we'll waltz away home)

2 comments:

  1. I very much like this one. For some reason I don't quite understand it reminds me of "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock". Also delighted to see some of your paintings posted.

    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these poems, even though they are sad.
    Some I don't quite understand...but then, poetry has always been a bit obscure to me.
    Love the paintings.
    m

    ReplyDelete